Wolfline Transit System
Wolfline is NC State's bus service which is tailored to student class schedules, but also serves the general public fare-free. Wolfline buses operate every day classes are in session, serving all three campuses, three park & ride lots, official NCSU housing and privately-owned apartment complexes located on city streets traveled by Wolfline buses on the way to or from these areas.
No university ID, pass, or fare is required to ride! Buses are red and white and black with the Wolfline logo lettering.
Wolfline buses travel along designated routes and only stop at designated Wolfline stops; some of which are shared stops with city (GoRaleigh) and regional (GoTriangle) transit providers. A few routes are designated as "limited stop."
People with low vision or blindness are encouraged to call NCSU Transportation at 919-515-3424 of assistance in utilizing the Transit Visualization System (TVS), which provides real-time bus locations along all Wolfline routes.
Special Service Periods
Class Break / Limited Service DatesSpring Break: Monday - Friday, March 6 - 10, 2017
(Modified Enforcement - Permit Required - View Rule 5)
Spring Holiday: Friday, April 14, 2017
Summer 2017: Thursday, May 11 - Tuesday, May 16, Wednesday - Tuesday, August 2 - 15
Memorial Day/University Closed /No Wolfline Service: Monday, May 29, 2017
Summer Break NO classes/ Faculty Staff/Limited Service: Tuesday, June 23, 2017
Independence Day /University Closed / No Wolfline Service: Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Summer Wolfline Service Resumes: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Class Break / Limited Service Timetable
The following routes operate during times when classes are not in session, but faculty and staff still report to work.
Route 6 Carter Finley runs every 30 minutes starting at 7:00 a.m.; service ends at 6:24 p.m.
Route 7 Wolflink Shuttle runs every 30 minutes with the first pickup at Wolf Village at 7:00 a.m. and service ending at 6:30 p.m. at Wolf Village.
Route 8 Southeast Loop runs every 30 minutes beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 6:45 p.m. (Scott Hall is the last stop prior to going out of service).
The Holiday/Break Shuttle/Sunday Evening Shuttle operates every Sunday evening and the day before classes after a holiday from 8 p.m. - Midnight and connects the RS Storage lots to Main Campus residence halls; no posted schedule, but service is approximately every 30 minutes.
Summer Break / Limited Service Timetable
The following routes operate during times when classes are not in session during the summer break, but faculty and staff still report to work.
Route 6s Hillsborugh Street West runs every 30 minutes starting at 7:09 a.m. at the Vet School and service ending at 6:05 p.m. at Meredith College.
Route 5s Varsity runs every 30 minutes starting at Varsity Lot at 7:11 a.m. and service ending at 6:11 p.m. at Varsity Lot.
Route 7 Wolflink Shuttl runs every 24 minutes starting at Wolf Village at 7:28 a.m. and service ending at 6:13 p.m. at West Deck.
Route 8 Southeast Loop runs every 36 minutes starting at College of Textiles at 6:58 a.m. and ending at 5:55 p.m. at Burger King.
Summer Limited Service operates Monday - Friday.
Holiday Break / Sunday Evening Shuttle to RS Storage Lot
A special shuttle connects the Centennial Campus Storage Lot and main campus residence halls at the following times:
- The evening before classes resume after a holiday.
- Every Sunday evening from 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
Begins at Centennial RS Lot
Main Campus Stops:
- West Deck on Varsity Drive
- West Lot on Sullivan Drive
- Student Health / Cates Avenue
- Across from Talley / Cates Avenue
Centennial Campus Stops:
- Both sheltered stops at RS lot.
Operates every Sunday evening and the evening before classes resume after a holiday.
Service approximately every half hour.
Inclement Weather ServiceFor the latest information on weather conditions impacting Wolfline service, please check TVS announcements on the Find My Bus or connect with us.
Each weather event is different, but following are some general adverse weather guidelines.
- If class start times are delayed: Wolfline service begins one (1) hour prior to class start.
- Classes end early: Wolfline attempts to continue service for two (2) hours after classes end.
- University is open, but all classes are cancelled: Wolfline operates normal faculty/staff service - Routes 6, 7, and 8.
- Classes are cancelled, University remains open BUT operating under Adverse Weather conditions: Wolfline will attempt to operate one bus route which essentially connects the two libraries. No set schedule or route. This Adverse Weather Route will appear on the TVS system.
- University is CLOSED: no Wolfline service.
Safety is the most important factor in determining whether or not Wolfline operates. If weather conditions change quickly and it becomes unsafe to run buses, service will stop immediately. Please stay informed and be prepared.
- All Wolfline buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- 40 foot long buses also have a kneeling capability to assist those with limited mobility.
- People with low vision or blindness are encouraged to call Transportation at 919-515-3424 for assistance in utilizing the Transloc Transit Visualization System (TVS) which provides real-time bus locations along all Wolfline routes.
Other Local Accessibility Services
City of Raleigh - GoRaleigh Access
ART is subsidized taxi and handicab service for persons with disabilities preventing them from driving a car and/or using Capital Area Transit.
GoTriangle - Accessibility Services
The program allows eligible users to ride in taxis or wheelchair-accessible handicab vans for part or all of a trip between cities in the Triangle region at the cost of $4.50 per trip (subject to change)
Learn about Listserv (group news email list) and sign up today to receive email announcements such as changes to routes, schedules, and detours.
Lost & Found
Think you lost something or found an item on the Wolfline?
Other Transit Options
Explore Alternative Transportation WolfTrails pages to learn about local transit options to get to the RDU airport, Raleigh and other Research Triangle area locations.
Ride Local and Regional Transit Farefree
Be sure to Get Your GoPass to travel FREE on city and regional bus lines.