Share the ride and save, we'll provide the ride!
NC State, in collaboration with Triangle
Transit (TT), offers a vanpool service for commuters. Vanpools
can be formed with as few as six riders; one of whom is a volunteer
driver. The primary driver rides FREE and receives a designated
number of free monthly miles to drive the van for personal use.
- A $15 monthly subsidy for each rider
- 24 FREE daily permits per NCSU passenger (prorated annually)
- Additional daily permits available for $6 each
- TT vans park free on campus
- Reduces air pollution
- Reduces wear & tear on personal vehicles
- Relaxing, fun ride to work
- Emergency Ride Home Assistance
For more information visit the Triangle Transit Vanpooling Website or call (919) 485-7461.
If you would like to find other individuals in your
area who are interested in vanpooling complete the Rideshare
Match Form or check out the.
Special notes for vanpoolers:
Vanpool applicants need to visit the Transportation
office to pick up their individual drive-day passes. All vanpool
applicants will also be cross-checked for existing permits. Vanpool
participants cannot be registered in a carpool. Vanpool participants
choosing to retain their existing permit will not be issued daily