Share the ride and save, we'll provide the ride!
NC State, in collaboration with Triangle
Transit (TT), offers a vanpool service for commuters. Vanpools
can be formed with as few as six riders; one of whom is a volunteer
driver. The primary driver rides FREE and receives a designated
number of free monthly miles to drive the van for personal use.
- A $15 monthly subsidy for each rider
- 24 FREE daily permits per NCSU passenger (prorated annually)
- Additional daily permits available for $6 each
- TT vans park free on campus
- Reduces air pollution
- Reduces wear & tear on personal vehicles
- Relaxing, fun ride to work
- Emergency Ride Home Assistance
For more information visit the Triangle Transit Vanpooling Website or call (919) 485-7461.
If you would like to find other individuals in your
area who are interested in vanpooling complete the Rideshare
Match Form or check out the Vanpool
Routes Forming site.
Special notes for vanpoolers:
Vanpool applicants need to visit the Transportation
office to pick up their individual drive-day passes. All vanpool
applicants will also be cross-checked for existing permits. Vanpool
participants cannot be registered in a carpool. Vanpool participants
choosing to retain their existing permit will not be issued daily