What is GoPass?
- GoPass is a bus pass sponsored by NCSU Transportation.
- Free to NC State students.
- $25 pre-paid (non-refundable) annual fee for NC State faculty and staff.
Note: A faculty/staff GoPass is invalidated when an individual leaves the university or after three or more consecutive weeks with a break in service or attendance.
- GoPasses are non-transferable; only
valid for assignee on record with NCSU Transportation.
- Ride city Capital
Area Transit (CAT) and regional buses Triangle Transit to commute to campus, get to the airport or visit your friends at other nearby universities.
How do I get a GoPass?
- Passes are renewed annually.
- Renew online in late summer and have your pass mailed to you OR pick up your pass at the Transportation office at 2721 Sullivan Drive after school starts.
- 2014/15 pass is valid from August 4, 2014 - August 3, 2015 as long as you are enrolled as a student or employed as faculty/staff.
How do I use my GoPass?
- Visit gotriangle.org to plan your trip or call 919-485-RIDE (7433).
- View GoTriangle's How to Ride Guide for helpful videos.
- View GoTriangle's "Paying the Fare" video for visual instructions.
- Show the CAT or Triangle Transit bus driver your NC State University ID and swipe your GoPass at the bus farebox..
Questions? Please call Transportation at 919-515-3424 or 919-515-1609.
Note: Triangle Transit CRX Riders are eligible for free parking permits for the Eubanks Road Park and Ride Lot. Triangle Transit is pleased to offer these permits to CRX riders with a 31-day pass, a $25 stored value card, or a valid GoPass issued from NC State. Monthly Access Card Application