Specialty Permits

motorcycles parked

Motorcycle Parking Permits

Motorcycles, (including NC license-plated mopeds and scooters) operating on the campus must be registered with Transportation and display a valid "M" permit.

Motorcycles must be parked in designated motorcycle spaces.

$5 additional
if you already have valid vehicle permit for campus parking. For your personal use only.
$74 per year if no other vehicle is registered.

How to apply and Pay:
Apply and pay as you would any other permit. See student or employee pages for details.
After Sept. 5, to purchase a motorcycle-only permit, come to the Transportation office and purchase directly.

construction workers

Construction Contractor Parking Permits

Construction contractors can obtain short and long-term parking permits, depending on their needs. Review Contractor Parking Application for important information, costs and instructions for contractors prior to bid submittal.

- Short-term, daily contractor permits can be purchased at the Transportation office.

$50 - $75 - Monthly contractor parking rates vary depending on the geographic work area of campus.

Long-term parking requests - contact 919-515-3424.

service provider at truck

Service Provider (SP)
Parking Permit

Service providers repair and maintain campus equipment and infrastructure. Service Provider (SP) permits may be purchased at the Transportation office.

Non-University SP Application

Departmental SP Application

per year

man in wheelchair entering car

Accessible / Handicapped Parking Permits

Those individuals who require short or long-term accessible parking must comply with policies and procedures for requesting an accessible parking permit. The certified attending physician must provide an assessment of the individual's needs and limitations. Paperwork for an accessible permit can be mailed, faxed, dropped off in person at the office. Our Fax number is 919-515-7650. Transportation will review the request for parking and provide parking based on the individual's needs and the availability of parking.

Print and mail the application. Please call 919-515-3424 to verify receipt of paperwork related to your accessible parking request.

View Parking Application

Accessibility Map

$480 per year or $40 per month

Individuals who are approved for long-term or permanent accessible parking must display a valid state-issued handicapped parking placard or plate.

All transit vehicles are universally accessible. Fringe parking lots and park and ride lots have accessible parking spaces. Individuals cannot expect to receive approval for proximity parking if there is not availability in a specific area and when there is accessible transit service available.

Any individual who falsifies or misrepresents their medical condition or misuses a state-issued handicapped parking placard or plate will lose parking privileges and will be subject to additional parking fines.

For more information on accessible parking, contact Accessibility Coordinator, Carolyn Manuel.

men unloading truck

Temporary Loading and Unloading Permits

Individuals: Loading/Unloading permits may be issued to people who have a short-term need to access loading areas/docks on campus.
Permits are valid for 30 minutes only in designated loading zones/spaces.

Campus departments: Request a loading zone permit for shared use by departmental members while conducting departmental business. Departments may download the request form for a loading/unloading permit.

Permits may also be obtained at the Transportation office.

Departmental Application

Loading Zone Map

No charge
for a temporary loading/unloading pass - valid in designated loading/unloading spaces only.

$30 per year - Departmental hang tag loading/unloading permit to share.