Departmental Permits

What can departmental permits be used for?

Departments may purchase parking permits for vehicles that park on campus. Permits will be issued based on the need and use of the vehicle.

How to pay?

Use Service Unit Billing for payment of permits. Service Unit Billing CANNOT be used to purchase individual employee permits.

What types of permits are available for departments?

How do I request departmental permits?

Complete the online form. Enter:

  • Type of permit needed,
  • Number of permits needed,
  • Appropriate Project Code number to be billed.

Note: Transportation's account number is displayed on the letter sent to all departmental contacts (above your name).

What if I do not have access to the online system?

Contact the Transportation office for assistance.

Can we purchase permits for our invited guests?

Yes! Departments may also authorize invited guests to purchase a parking permit online. For more information, contact David Gregory

College of Veterinary Medicine

Departmental Parking Permit Choices

  • SV

    Service Vehicle

    What qualifies?
    Government-licensed vehicles owned or leased by campus departments.
    Where are the spaces?
    Close proximity parking for service people maintaining buildings who need close access to service trucks and tools.
    $480 per year.

  • SP

    Service Provider

    What qualifies?
    Non-government-licensed vehicle, personal vehicles, or vehicles not affiliated with campus used by individuals who repair or maintain campus buildings, equipment, or infrastructure.
    Where are the spaces?
    Access to any designated SV space.
    $480 per year.

  • UV

    University Vehicle

    What qualifies?
    Government-licensed vehicles owned or leased by campus departments used for any purpose other than providing service.
    Where are the spaces?
    Access to any designated UV space.
    $480 per year.

  • UD

    University Departmental Use

    What qualifies?
    Permit to be loaned to staff, graduate students or others on a temporary basis as needed to accomplish the department mission; used for privately-owned vehicles except those vehicles exempted via the Service Provider (SP) permit. Not to be used for government-licensed vehicles.
    Where are the spaces?
    Access to all unreserved spaces EXCEPT resident zones RE and RW.
    per year.

Load / Unload Permit / Gate Card Combo Hangtag

Save Money! Intended to provide and encourage parking of state-licensed vehicles in lower demand parking areas.

What qualifies?
Departments with short-term loading and unloading needs requested by department heads.
Where are the spaces?
Access to all designated 30-minute time-limited loading / unloading spaces.
Access for government-licensed vehicle to park on top level of Dan Allen Deck with no additional permit required.
What is the cost?
$30 annual fee.

Van drives by with NC State University branding