Parking Ticket Appeal Form
Board Hearing Request
A ticket is a citation for a violation of parking rules. The words: "ticket", "violation" or "citation" refer to the paper notice that was placed on your vehicle.
An appeal is a plea to a higher authority if you:
- disagree with the reason for which you were given a ticket.
- disagree with the decision from your initial dispute (first appeal); you therefore request an appeal hearing.
Please read carefully before submitting your appeal:
- All appeals must be filed online.
- Incomplete and/or late forms will not be reviewed or acknowledged.
- A citation (ticket) cannot be appealed beyond 14 calendar days from the date the citation was issued.
- Warning citations cannot be appealed.
- Overtime or Failure to Pay in a Pay Lot citations cannot be appealed to the Appeals Hearing Board.
- Citation must be paid prior to submitting request for a Board Hearing.
- Enter the citation number, date, license tag number and license tag state on the form below (this information is on your citation).
- Submit receipts and other documentation such as copy of permit, placard, diagrams or receipts separately to the Appeals Officer.
(Do NOT include University ID).
- When the form is completed, click the Submit Button at the bottom of the form.
- When appealing a citation involving an accessible permit, include a copy of the accessible permit, copy of the registration placard (if not an NC placard) and a written statement with a notarized signature of the registered placard holder if the placard is not registered to person appealing the citation.